POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : building beta in centos : building beta in centos Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  building beta in centos
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 30 Jan 2010 20:10:01
Message: <web.4b64d812fff79e3b82e577e00@news.povray.org>
As the subject suggests, I'm trying to build the linux betas in centos 5.4, I
had to download and build the boost libraries from sources because the centos
repositories don't contain anything past 1.33

I have boost installed, I'm currently using version 1.41.0, but when I try to
configure the sources, I get an error "Cannot link with boost thread library see
config.log for details"

the config.log says "cannot open shared object file, no such file or directory"

Any help would be appreciated.

A.D.B.