POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating scene files NVidia 3D Shutter glasses : Re: Creating scene files NVidia 3D Shutter glasses Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating scene files NVidia 3D Shutter glasses
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Jan 2010 14:25:01
Message: <web.4b633579f4af8c9665f302820@news.povray.org>
"Random_Kevin" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Yep. I went there. I'd like to take my favorite POV/MegaPOV scenes and
> animations and re-render them to use these classes.

I've never used shutter glasses to view animation on a monitor, so a few
observations/questions.

Assuming that the final animation is meant to be viewed at film speed (24fps):
Should the animation for *each* eye be rendered at that speed, then
'interleaved' somehow in post-processing--that is, alternating frames--then
viewed through the glasses with its own 'flicker rate' set to 48fps (24fps for
each eye)? And with the final composite animation spit out to the monitor at
48fps? That *seems* correct, but I don't know.

Ken