POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating scene files NVidia 3D Shutter glasses : Re: Creating scene files NVidia 3D Shutter glasses Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating scene files NVidia 3D Shutter glasses
From: Random Kevin
Date: 28 Jan 2010 10:55:01
Message: <web.4b61b331f4af8c9633c5b93d0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > Yep. I went there.
>
> Funny how 3D is finally taking off now, even though the technology has been
> there for almost a decade now.  Seems like the media have finally got hold
> of it and all manufacturers are responding now.
>
> > I'd like to take my favorite POV/MegaPOV scenes and
> > animations and re-render them to use these classes.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Photo_Viewer.html
>
> Can you use this program somehow to import the left and right eye images?
> (It seems like you might have to paste them next to each other first?).
>
> In POV simply render your scene twice, one with your camera in the left eye
> position, and one in the right eye.  Have fun experimenting with the camera
> separation and angles!

Thanks Scott,

Once I have the left and right images, I can get them pulled up in the tools
that came with the glasses. I'm curious to know what people have done in the
past or where a good starting point might be. My render time isn't much of the
problem, it's the experimenting time that I have little of.

Thanks,
Kevin