POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Making Light... Not act like light.... : Making Light... Not act like light.... Server Time
4 May 2024 06:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Making Light... Not act like light....
From: Sword
Date: 27 Jan 2010 16:45:00
Message: <web.4b60b2eeb47724fb7c20afef0@news.povray.org>
Hello Everyone,

A math teacher at my college wishes to run experiments in which he can see how
light behaves under unusual circumstances. I assume it has something to do with
quantum mechanics, string theory, and a slew of other things that I do not
understand.
He wants to be able to enter a mathematical formula into a
ray-tracing program, but make each ray of light behave according to the formula.
While the math of the subject is beyond me, I am a semi-decent programmer.  As
such, I have two questions.

1. Is POV-Ray even capable of something like this?
2. If it is, where should I start in the code? Which class controls how a ray of
light moves?

Thanks for any answers!