POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : District 9 (minor spoilers) : Re: District 9 (minor spoilers) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: District 9 (minor spoilers)
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Jan 2010 13:15:00
Message: <web.4b608207e932f17165f302820@news.povray.org>
Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Kenneth wrote:
> > I don't remember seeing
> > even one effects shot that was unnecessary or for its own sake.
>
> Even the pig cannon?

I didn't even grasp what that pig cannon was all about, it went by so fast. :-/
I remember thinking, "What the hell *was* that?" A very bizarre (and thankfully
short) interlude. (Although, somewhere in the story, mention *was* made of using
pigs as subjects for testing weaponry. Rather cold-hearted--but probably true in
RL, sad to say!  So perhaps this was another little piece of social
commentary--a pig getting back at its tormentor, by being 'used' as a weapon!)

Ken