POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering ran out of memory : Re: Rendering ran out of memory Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:45:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering ran out of memory
From: jofg
Date: 26 Jan 2010 00:05:00
Message: <web.4b5e77c6efff664b6f805b290@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] anti-spamcomcastnet> wrote:
> > Or, is my file just an example of poor programming?
>
> It's tough to tell just from the pseudo-code, but
> you may not have incremented the counters.
>
> #declare c=0;
> #while (c<100)
>    // foo
>    #declare c=c+1;
> #end

yes, the counters were incremented

while y <= 180     // creates a 180 x 180 array
   while x <= 180
     while Rose_object <= 360 cylinders

       rose has parameters (a, b)
             find all roses for ->
             a <= 180    // start a = 1 and increment
             b <= 180    // start b = 1 and increment
            some values return errors,  skip those
            algorithm has about 14 variables that change for each loop.

      end
  x = x + 1
a = a + 1
b = b + 1
   end
y = y+1
end

I reran the file
for x < 50
    y < 50

the file creates 900000  cylinders

parse time 42 minutes
render time 7 minutes

anything larger, will of course take more time.
And it is impossible to run for x < 180 and y < 180 without more memory.

Unfortunately , I can't upload an attachment.