POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering ran out of memory : Rendering ran out of memory Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:35:13 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering ran out of memory
From: jofg
Date: 24 Jan 2010 13:50:01
Message: <web.4b5c961a5a9b58596f805b290@news.povray.org>
Hi

I used an algorithm that consists of sines, cosines, and polar coordinates, to
construct 'Rose' objects that consist of 360 cylinders.

I then used nested while loops to create an array 180 x 180 of 'Roses' with
various parameters.

When I ran it, it got to ->

parsed 315000000+ tokens

and gave a message to the effect, "ran out of memory' , basically slowed down my
computer and almost crash my computer.

Question.
Is there a way to connect my computer via Internet to a server type renderer to
run my pov file?

Or, is my file just an example of poor programming?

pseudocode looks something like

while y <= 180     // creates a 180 x 180 array
   while x <= 180
     while Rose_object <= 360 cylinders

       rose has parameters (a, b)
             find all roses for ->
             a <= 180    // start a = 1 and increment
             b <= 180    // start b = 1 and increment
            some values return errors,  skip those
            algorithm has about 14 variables that change for each loop.

      end
   end
end

Can I connect to a more powerful computer to render?

thanks