POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image mapping onto shere : Image mapping onto shere Server Time
7 Jul 2024 08:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Image mapping onto shere
From: geogeo
Date: 20 Jan 2010 16:10:01
Message: <web.4b576f88ca4826f2135358dc0@news.povray.org>
I've searched for hours but just can't find a clear definition of how an image
is wrapped around a sphere. The best I can get - and it's far from perfect - is
with the following code, arrived at by trial and error - the image being 2:1
width to height. If I knew what the rules were I might do better! Maybe someone
can clarify this for me.
Thanks, Geo

sphere { <0,0,0>, 1 texture
         {
         pigment { image_map {jpeg "lines3.jpg" }
         scale <2,2,1>
         translate  <0, 1, 0>
                 }
         }