POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blurring : Re: Blurring Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurring
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Jan 2010 04:20:01
Message: <web.4b5578c726fd4e6265f302820@news.povray.org>
> A very interesting (to me) article on how blurring of images works, with
> Java source code, for beginners.
>
> http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/blurring.html

Really interesting, especially the part about 'casting rays.' And well-written,
too. The Java applets are quite fun to play with. Interestingly, my older
version of Photoshop (v5.1) doesn't have filters to do some of these things (as
one-button solutions, anyway) that seem so easily-implemented.  Go figure...

Ken