POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Okay how *do* you design airport security? : Re: Okay how *do* you design airport security? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Okay how *do* you design airport security?
From: mone
Date: 17 Jan 2010 23:10:00
Message: <web.4b53dee0983c18fc6b1714e0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Warp wrote:
> > >   There's a difference. Daying of old age is a natural cause.
>

>   But there's nothing we can do to prevent earthquakes, tsunamis and
> growing old, but we can ostensibly do something about traffic accidents.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Yes. And it would also be possible, for example, to prevent several thousands of
deaths each year in hospitals in UK, Germany or the USA caused by MRSA and MSSA
bacteria, just another example.

But obviously there is not much money in it (or not enough money for the "right"
people and lobbyists) as with airport security.

I suspect the whole hysteria about airport security in the media has been
kindled by companys developing security equipment, like that "naked scanner".
And now, since money for development in such technologies has already been
invested, those people would naturally like to see it established at airports,
because there's quite a bit of money in selling it. Just my opinion.

And when they have been successfully established, well, why not go for train
stations, ferrys and whatever ... because there's still a lot more money in it

What's worrying me is not so much the fact that there are certain lobbies, who
try to establish such things as hi-tech security equipment. But rather my
impression that the majority's opinions are manipulated increasingly
successfully by the media in a way that people believe that such things are
really necessary for their security without any regard to privacy, practical
value, common sense or whatever.

Best wishes

Simone