POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bit Torrent : Re: Bit Torrent Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bit Torrent
From: nemesis
Date: 17 Jan 2010 14:35:00
Message: <web.4b536614a55cc9be4f74d6c80@news.povray.org>

> >> Becuase it might take several human lifetimes to reach that ratio?
> >
> > I have been seeding for 11 days.
>
> So I'm guessing you have a much faster connection than me?

I have about your same settings.  The largest seeding I've done was about 4.5 or
something.

It doesn't take ages at all:  you don't take into account in that formula of
yours the fact that people did not all begin seeding and downloading at the same
time.  By the time you begin download, chances are you'll find a few people at
100% and the rest at varying degrees of completion.

Still, I've been able to download at about 300 somethings and seed at about 90
at the same time.  It depends on the ratios though.