POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Planes (?) for cleaning building envelop (walls) through CSG. : Planes (?) for cleaning building envelop (walls) through CSG. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:37:16 EDT (-0400)
  Planes (?) for cleaning building envelop (walls) through CSG.
From: Kene
Date: 16 Jan 2010 22:00:01
Message: <web.4b527a32107718d7772dd76f0@news.povray.org>
I am creating a tool for modeling architecture/building information in
POV-Ray SDL. I am implementing the ability for the walls to clean up (form a
clean connection regardless of angle) with each other.

I am currently using planes and although it is still too early to notice memory
problems I was wondering if this is the right direction. The building walls are
mainly made of boxes while the floors (most parts) are made of prisms. As you
can imagine there will potentially be a lot of instances for this use (i.e.
clean up).

I have not tried triangles (I have read so much about it being efficient) but I
have read so much too about it not being so stable for CSG operations.

Any insight on this from anyone?