POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with media density : Re: Problems with media density Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with media density
From: Reactor
Date: 16 Jan 2010 15:50:00
Message: <web.4b52261266d8840bc1716b280@news.povray.org>
David Given <dg### [at] cowlarkcom> wrote:

> Are there any gotchas involved in unioning two hollow objects with media
> together? Changing the atmosphere sampling method to 1 or 2 makes the
> clouds look *really* weird, which is not what I was expecting.

The gotcha is a bug that can inappropriately reuse the sample settings for two
medias in an object.  I don't know the exact details of it, I just know that it
can sometimes show up.

To work around it, try reordering the medias (it shouldn't make a difference,
but it might).  If it is possible, avoid having two medias with a large
difference between samples attached to the same object.  If you are unioning the
objects together, apply each  media to the appropriate object within the union.
If you don't mind posting a code sample, I might be of more help.

-Reactor