POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with media density : Re: Problems with media density Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with media density
From: Reactor
Date: 15 Jan 2010 21:35:01
Message: <web.4b51249a66d8840b42e9e9a90@news.povray.org>

http://www.cowlark.com ─────
> │ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming
> │ language in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs." ---
> │ Flon's Axiom

Those are artifacts caused by too few samples.  Are you absolutely certain that
you did modify the right part of the file?  Because settings samples to 1000
would be extremely slow.  I would expect a samples setting of 100 to be more
than enough.
  Can you post more related code and the version you are using?  I have a
suspicion involving the use of more than one media per object (sometimes the
value specified for samples gets reused inappropriately).

-Reactor