POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : scenes/advanced/fish13/fish13.pov crash : Re: scenes/advanced/fish13/fish13.pov crash Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scenes/advanced/fish13/fish13.pov crash
From: MDenham
Date: 11 Jan 2010 23:45:01
Message: <web.4b4bfd4c3470f71e5e5de5a10@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
> > "quark67" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
> >> Hello, I use POV-Ray 3.7.0.beta.35 and when I try to render fish13.pov, I
> >> have a
> >> crash.
> >

> > confirmed. Crash during parsing, using WinXP SR3 23 bits
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> And with Win 7 32 bit
>
> --
>
> Best Regards,
>  Stephen
And, for that matter, with Windows Server 2008 R2 (which is 64-bit only).
Attempting to attach the VS2008 debugger causes the program to terminate
entirely (rather than the "program has stopped working and Windows is looking
for a solution" dialog box).

Event Viewer says the error code is 0xC0000417, which a quick lookup through
Google says is because of an invalid parameter being passed to a function in the
C runtime.

Currently doing process-of-elimination stuff to determine where in the scene
data the problem occurs.