POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rand not producing random! : Re: rand not producing random! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 01:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rand not producing random!
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Jan 2010 17:15:00
Message: <web.4b4ba1a6cc0023fa65f302820@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:

> If you can come up with something clearer ....
>
> Imagine that!! a chance to actually do something about a situation rather
> than point out flaws and expect someone else to fix it!!
>
> Pardon the sarcasm there Ken ... no offence intended.
>
> Jim

Yeah, you're right--I should get off my soapbox and be more pro-active. But it
sure is fun to pontificate while others do the dirty work!  :-P  When I started
using POV-Ray, I thought that there were armies of magical elves
behind-the-scenes, working tirelessly to make changes and corrections, just for
me!  Uh, I've grown up since then...

;-)

Seriously, though, the only hesitation I have about posting to the wiki is that,
whatever I come up with, it shouldn't be taken as *law*, but should be vetted by
people more knowledgeable than myself. I guess that *is* how it works(?) I've
never posted anything to Wikipeadia; the nuts-and-bolts of actually contributing
to a wiki is kind of mysterious to me.

But I'll make the effort, and see what happens. If I can get past this little
mental impasse--watch out!! There are LOTS of small documentation corrections
I'd like to make.

Ken