POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : rgb value of "red" in red-cyan anaglyph glasses? : Re: rgb value of "red" in red-cyan anaglyph glasses? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb value of "red" in red-cyan anaglyph glasses?
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Jan 2010 17:35:00
Message: <web.4b4903abccc8c4e65f302820@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I was playing around with some red-cyan anaglyphs and my son pointed out that
> the "red" portion of the screen wasn't perfectly blocked by the "red" lens.  Is
> there a technological limitation here (see thread about "yellow" lens), or is
> there just a more perfect rgb value I might be able to find?

I remember old 3-D comic books and such having the same problem. I think the
main limitation is the rather broad-spectrum 'red' color that is used in those
inexpensive cellophane glasses. They let pass too many light frequencies
'around' the red (or block too few??) I suppose an *ideal* red filter would need
to be almost monochromatic--and matched exactly to the printed color of the
anaglyph (or the projected color of a film/transparency.)

Ken