POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray : Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray - Bokeh Server Time
5 Jun 2024 04:49:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray - Bokeh
From: Edouard
Date: 2 Jan 2010 14:40:01
Message: <web.4b3f9ffa52c95067639ae1e00@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Almost finished now, with additional parameters for the intensity
> distribution, number of diaphragm blades, and even passing an object for the
> bokeh shape (as with real black paperboard cuts).
>
> The method is tricky but clean, and is somewhat fast to render... but I
> still have to try to automate it (so that you can queue the consecutive passes).

Looking really good!

I had some code that could take an iris image in my 35mm Camera Macros - you
rendered the scene multiple times with a slightly different camera shear matrix
each time, and when you averaged the images together you got focal blur with
shaped bokeh. Are you doing something vaguely similar? I can't wait to find out,
and to give your code a spin!

Cheers,
Edouard.