POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lanugage suggestions? : Re: Lanugage suggestions? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lanugage suggestions?
From: nemesis
Date: 29 Dec 2009 20:20:00
Message: <web.4b3aaa0634eca077412fad2f0@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I'm looking at Ruby, but since this is something I don't have much experience
> with, I'd like to know what others here recommend.  Any thoughts?

I like ruby.  It feels like a mix of the very best of Perl, Smalltalk and Scheme
under one clean (almost python-clean) syntax.  It also got the powerful and easy
Rails web framework, but you might be just as well served by the builtin
facilities for http in the stdlib.

PHP is web scripting's powerhorse, but it's butt-ugly.