POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lanugage suggestions? : Lanugage suggestions? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Lanugage suggestions?
From: Chambers
Date: 29 Dec 2009 19:25:01
Message: <web.4b3a9d04b97586d69c750ce10@news.povray.org>
I'm looking at doing some CGI scripting, where I would be retrieving data from a
SQL database, running some imperative commands (preferably with support for
custom objects / classes, as that would make things tremendously easier) and
then sending results back to a separate database.

The only scripting experience I really have in web pages is with PHP and JS; PHP
seems more geared towards HTML output than anything else, and JS is client-side
(while I need the scripts to be run server side).

I'm looking at Ruby, but since this is something I don't have much experience
with, I'd like to know what others here recommend.  Any thoughts?

....Chambers