POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: gregjohn
Date: 27 Dec 2009 18:20:01
Message: <web.4b37eb282305bb9d96397b980@news.povray.org>
Not everything immoral needs to be illegal, and the difficulty in making
something illegal is no indication of its morality.  That is where I think
you're headed on the wrong track with this.

Of course, "posh" parents putting their kids into private schools is indeed a
direct cause of public schools deteriorating.  It's not a matter of jealousy but
of direct consequences, negative externalities if you will.

In my county, there's two school districts side by side. The kids from one high
school earn all kinds of accolades, the other one has a 46% dropout rate.
Whenever I meet a decent, involved family who happens to move into the bad
district, sho 'nuff they send their kids to the private school.