POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Second thread about that $300 film : Re: Second thread about that $300 film Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Second thread about that $300 film
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Dec 2009 09:35:00
Message: <web.4b2e34de9aba8bda65f302820@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:

> Still, Hollywood took the bite about the low budget and undoubtly the
> guy will be directing the latest Hollywood multi-million mindless flick
> some time from now... ironic, isn't it?

I kind of feel sorry for this guy. I'm not so sure it's a great idea to
'advertise' that you can make anything dirt-cheap...in this case, $300 (or so he
says.)  What usually happens is, the next (real) client comes along and says,
"Hey, can you make MY thing for $299?" I know this from personal experience,
having worked in Hollywood.  :-(   Ah, youth--the sheer excitement of "Oh boy,
I'm going to make a REAL movie now!" usually overrides any practical
considerations. I can foresee a slick producer--with a
$30,000,000-budgeted-film--waving a check for only $1,000,000 under this pore
guy's nose. His reaction will probably be, "WOW!!!!!! When do I start?!" If he
*survives* the experience, then his future *is* probably assured--making more
low-budget stuff.

Am I jaded?  NAW!!!  :-p

Ken