POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rendering height fields with overhangs : Re: rendering height fields with overhangs Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering height fields with overhangs
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Dec 2009 16:35:00
Message: <web.4b2d44acce3532365f302820@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> If all 3 colour chanels are the same, it's faster and gives the same result.

Going back over sbenge's code, I see that his version uses a pigment for the
function (i.e., rgb colors)--which might benefit from .gray (if we happen to use
something other than grayscale 'bumps' as the pigment pattern); whereas Tor's
code *does* use .gray for all pigments. BUT, I assume that bumps as a PIGMENT
(rather than as a PATTERN) has three color channels internally? All three the
same, of course. In which case, .red would make sense.

Ken