POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: gregjohn
Date: 17 Dec 2009 21:45:01
Message: <web.4b2aebdcc5832e7a34d207310@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> You can't because you're stubborn and does not listen to advice, but
> other people can because they learn instead of whine.
>
> Bevels in Blender go about as easily as selecting the appropriate
> modifier from a drop-down list.  How many clever lines of SDL code do
> you have to go through to add perfectly curved bevels to your hard-edged
> CSGs?  don't mind, it's rhethoric.  You could ask clipka, because his
> train was the best piece of beveled pure CSG I've ever seen...

I tried a project in blender and ultimately failed.  I was trying to make a
moving cross section through an (electronics) object that is essentially a board
with regular spacings of nails in it.  I wanted to use 2-tone B&W image as the
input device. I was able to get this to go in povray, after trying about a month
failing in blender.  I wanted the cross section to slice both the "nails" and
the "board".  Blender's CSG couldn't do the boolean logic on something this
complex. Povray didn't blink.