POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Wrapping paper question : Re: Wrapping paper question Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:02:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrapping paper question
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Dec 2009 02:20:00
Message: <web.4b25e6511516fb5e65f302820@news.povray.org>
> Simon Orr wrote:
>
> > My apologies - I was attempting to link to the post with the binaries, not
> > attach it.
>
> The only way I know of to link to another post is to search
> for the post in the web interface to the povray newsgroups,
> and then paste the URL into the new post.

Yes. It's a bit cumbersome, but the only way I know of as well. For example, if
I post a message to pov.general, and post an image related to that at
pov.binaries.images, I'll cut-and-paste the URLs of one into the other, in the
body of the posts--so that they are both 'cross-linked' so to speak. That way,
someone visiting either post can be re-directed to the other. It takes a bit of
time, but makes everything clear and easy for other POV users.

Ken