POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chinese Lady : Re: Chinese Lady Server Time
5 Jun 2024 15:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chinese Lady
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Dec 2009 02:00:05
Message: <web.4b25e1f360311b3c65f302820@news.povray.org>
Really beautiful across the board, in lightng/texturing/composition.  Reminds me
of your equally-stunning "Myrna Loy in Technicolor" image from awhile back (one
of my favorite POV images.) The girl's dress pattern is quite nicely done as
well.

How did you 'apply' or use all of those skin pigment patterns you speak of?  Was
it done using uv_mapping? (Sorry to ask such a simplistic question--I'm *still*
not familiar with that technique.) Or is it a procedural technique? (Or both?!)

I tend to agree with nemesis--a little bit of glint in the eye would be nice. In
many behind-the-scene photos of 'old Hollywood', you can see a small light
attached to the motion-picture camera, usually above it, to get just such an
effect in an actress's eyes, especially in close-ups.

Ken