POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom : Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom
From: Reactor
Date: 11 Dec 2009 18:20:01
Message: <web.4b22d2ce8fd451f86d4a920d0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> "Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> > POV uses the right hand system, .....
>
> Sorry, no. POV uses the left-hand system See Docs 2.2.1.1  Understanding
> POV-Ray's Coordinate System   ;-)
>
> Thomas

Ah, I stand corrected!  I don't remember why I thought that, though I do
remember the discussion about how this is the opposite of "normal" - except I
was introduced to 3D coordinates using POV, so the left hand system is now
normal to me.  But anyway, as Warp mentioned, it can be flipped as can the
objects if needed.

-Reactor