POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Changing image maps' transparency? : Re: Changing image maps' transparency? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changing image maps' transparency?
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Dec 2009 09:05:00
Message: <web.4b1fade36cafa19665f302820@news.povray.org>

> Well, yes and no...

Just came across this post. THANKS, Clipka, for explaining some great
workarounds to this situation, which I'll be trying out ASAP. The inability to
use 'transmit all' with alpha-channel images has been a stumbling block for me
for quite awhile.

The funny thing is, it *does* work as intended with 'typical' image_maps (those
with no alpha channel, like .bmp or .jpeg images.) I would assume that transmit
all has a bug of some sort at present, since the docs seem to indicate that it
can be used successfully with *any* type of image_map. Further assuming that
it's a problem related to transparency in general(?)

Again, thanks!

Ken