POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange attractors : Re: Strange attractors Server Time
28 Sep 2024 13:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange attractors
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 8 Dec 2009 19:10:03
Message: <web.4b1eea9ae6b3a3e04726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> All that amazing mandelbulb stuff has inspired me to dig out a strange
> attractor search/plot app I wrote a few years ago, and try to get some
> decent plots into POV-Ray. Here's a few of the nicer ones I've found
> over the last couple of weeks.
>
> Bill

Wow, those are awesome Bill! I wrote a little app a couple of years back to plot
2d attractors but never came up with anything as cool as your 3d versions. The
renders are very artistically done - I love the lighting.

Seeing these made me go searching through my own stuff - here's one I did that's
a "morph" between two attractors. I loaded the data sets into SDL arrays and
used elements from each array as cylinder endpoints (with gradient pigments
along their arbitrary axes). Good times.

Rob

http://www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'attractormorph1.png' (2179 KB)

Preview of image 'attractormorph1.png'
attractormorph1.png