POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange attractors : Re: Strange attractors Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange attractors
From: s day
Date: 8 Dec 2009 19:05:00
Message: <web.4b1ee97be6b3a3e077a8e84e0@news.povray.org>
Rick Gutleber <ric### [at] hiscom> wrote:
> They didn't teach anything like that when I was in school, although I
> still didn't pay enough attention.
>
> My mind managed to completely block out all memories of differential
> equations completely.  To this day I couldn't tell you the first thing
> about them.  :-)
>
> But thanks to POV-Ray, I'm very comfortable with trigonometry!

I'm sure I would have paid a lot more attention if they had used POV to try to
teach me (although I don't think it was around back then...). Still, my daughter
was the only pupil in her class that knew what a radius was as she had asked me
how I created pictures on the computer and I had shown her how to make a very
basic scene. I'm sure using something like POV would make the lessons much more
memorable.

Sean