POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom : POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 8 Dec 2009 18:45:01
Message: <web.4b1ee4926c90d52b4726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Hi all, I just saw over at Jeremy Birn's lighting challenges site (he's the
lighting/rendering technical director for Pixar) that there's actually a POV-Ray
scene included as part of this month's rendering challenge (for the first time
ever?).

I thought it was really cool to see POV-Ray included along with the SoftImage
XSI, Maya, 3d Studio Max, OBJ, and Lightwave formats and wanted to share the
info in case anyone here wants to show off their POV-Ray texturing, lighting,
and rendering skills head to head against the big dogs (I know I'm tempted :)

You can download the scene file over at
http://www.3drender.com/challenges/index.htm and read about the challenge at
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=829311

The challenge deadline is Dec 31...