POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 30 Nov 2009 15:55:01
Message: <web.4b1430f66ad665b9833d20230@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > City lights are annoying here, but
> > that picture looks like what I grew up seeing.
>
> I have never, ever, in my entire life, seen anything that remotely
> approximates this, except on TV and in posters. Every time I see
> something like this in films it looks like over the top CG, because real
> skies never, ever look like this.

Skies look like this in most places in the world (clouds and moon permitting, of
course!), considering how relatively sparse human population centres are. Just
think of all that ocean, too!

You can definitely see skies like this in many locations in the UK. You'll see
good skies within 50 miles of MK. But you do need to make the trip!