POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : At-render texture blending : Re: At-render texture blending Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: At-render texture blending
From: Siber
Date: 29 Nov 2009 15:25:00
Message: <web.4b12d7e2dd0a65f9ca9ceddd0@news.povray.org>
Figured out some things, but there are still some missing peices.

UV mapped textures can't be layered, but you can layer textures and then UV map
them only afterward. My ancient photoshop wasn't saving out the alpha channel,
but I found a format it would do so for. So now I can layer the textures
properly, but when I try to use the recoloring macro from the other thread on
the team and stripe layers, it errors out.

"Parse Error: No matching } in 'texture', macro identifier found instead"

This is with the exact same line that works if used in an unlayered texture by
itself. Not perfectly, however. When I test it on it's own, it appears to lose
it's transparency, which would make layering it somewhat useless.

In an attempt to help you help me, I've packaged all the necessary files here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/896078/UNH_FII.rar