POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : At-render texture blending : Re: At-render texture blending Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: At-render texture blending
From: Siber
Date: 28 Nov 2009 14:15:00
Message: <web.4b117697dd0a65f9ca9ceddd0@news.povray.org>
The ships are UV mapped mesh2s exported from Wings3d.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/896078/UNH_FII.rar contains one such object and the
textures that would go on it. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/896078/LoneInty.png is an
example of the output, though in that the texture had been edited to include one
of the player colors, while in the rar I have the layers separated

I believe there is some misunderstanding. I don't have a set of pre-colored
textures I wish to switch between, that is in actuality just what I'm trying to
avoid. What I would like to do is tell POV-ray to do something along the lines
of the following:

Take texture1, and for the pixels that correspond with white pixels in texture2,
blend with colorA. Take the resulting image, and for the pixels that correspond
with white pixels in texture3, blend with colorB. Take the result and use it as
a texture on an object.

In this way I could recreate any color choice a player might make for their
fleet, of which there are 65 thousand options, by only changing some values in
POV-ray rather than by going into an image editor and doing it by hand for each
of the several ships I might want to include in the scene.