POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. 3D Mandelbrots : Re: Rendering technology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering technology
From: abram
Date: 22 Nov 2009 21:10:00
Message: <web.4b09ee39dce0a2f34861b0db0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Later I considered that if you were only going to do so many iterations
> that povray's own internal language would've sufficed as it'd just be loop
> unrolling."
>
> Heh, I don't think so... It would have been a few orders of magnitude
> slower. How long did your two renders take?

27 minutes for 1920x1200 with nothing on (no AA, etc.).

27 hours for 1920x1200 with everything I could turn on at the command line
(radiosity and antialiasing).

The scenes are garbage, I just had to see the Mandelbulb. I'm hoping that
someone with some taste picks up this patch and produces something nice.

abram