POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : First render - no luck... : Re: First render - no luck... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First render - no luck...
From: cyberpunk
Date: 22 Nov 2009 13:10:00
Message: <web.4b097e2f3d2954ce8c48d20a0@news.povray.org>
Hi guys!

Thank you all for the assistance & feedback!  Turns out the non-functioning
material definitions were Brazil-materials previously used in my model.  At the
time of export the Brazil module was de-activated.

I am trying to find the best combination of tools for modelling + rendering
(photo-realistic / mechanical engineering), and in this process I have been
testing a time-limited trial version of the Brazil renderer for Rhino, which was
expired before I tried PR today.

Now I have started wondering:

Do all you experts generate your geometry in one system [without 'materials'],
and then syntactically edit the .pov file from within the POV-Ray application?

OR

Do you use some other tricks to smooth the integration between your geometry
application and POV-Ray?

:-)