POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. 3D Mandelbrots : Re: Rendering technology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering technology
From: abram
Date: 22 Nov 2009 11:00:00
Message: <web.4b095f70dce0a2f34861b0db0@news.povray.org>
If you really want to render the mandelbulb with povray you either have to
unroll the iterations or you have modify povray itself. I chose the latter.

You can see here how Povray rendered an isosurface using a mandelbulb function.
http://softwareprocess.es/x/x/mandelbulb/1povAA.png

I just added a user function in fnintern.cpp. You can do this too or you can use
my patch found at:
http://softwareprocess.us/index.cgi/Mandelbulb

The patch itself: http://softwareprocess.es/x/x/mandelbulb/fnintern.cpp.patch

abram