POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : First render - no luck... : Re: First render - no luck... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:37:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First render - no luck...
From: cyberpunk
Date: 22 Nov 2009 05:05:01
Message: <web.4b090c653d2954ce8c48d20a0@news.povray.org>
"cyberpunk" <cou### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to render a Rhino file saved in .pov format.  The Povray process
> does not complete, it finds parsing errors in the file.  I have used the
> standard output from rhino, and materials.inc from the Rhino folder.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thank you!

// This is where the process stops (the second line), and says 'Parse Error:
Cannot assign uninitialized identifier':
#include "C:/Program Files/Rhinoceros 4.0/Plug-ins/POV/materials.inc"
#declare Object1Material = Plane (19)

One material in the materials.inc file looks like this:

#declare plastic = material {
texture {
  pigment { rgbf rh_color }
  finish {
    ambient 1
    diffuse 1
  phong rh_phong
  phong_size rh_phong_size
    }
  }
}

Should I add a section in the materials file like this?:

#declare Object1Material = material {