POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Accidental' isosurface : Re: 'Accidental' isosurface Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:03:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Accidental' isosurface
From: waggy
Date: 21 Nov 2009 20:50:01
Message: <web.4b089876ce81d185f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
CShake wrote:
> Well, I'm seeing that the actual surface generation and rendering is
> probably best left to people like you who seem to get good results, so I
> figured I might as well go another direction with it.

Wow!  That's gorgeous!  I can imagine some good uses for it.

To see about making an animated fly-through, I zoomed way in by using trace() to
place the camera on a surface a few iteration levels above the look_at point on
the iteration ten (10) surface here rendered.  Since I picked starting and
target points more-or-less at random, I have no idea where this surface is, and
there is only a single light source placed at the camera location.  I also
shrunk the contained_by (too much, it turned out) to avoid overheating the CPU
when the sun goes nova.

Are we having too much fun yet?

~David

  Trace Time:       1 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds (6326.522 seconds)
              using 8 thread(s) with 47526.303 CPU-seconds total

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mb8i10_zoom_1.png' (220 KB)

Preview of image 'mb8i10_zoom_1.png'