POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Accidental' isosurface : Re: 'Accidental' isosurface Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:39:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Accidental' isosurface
From: waggy
Date: 20 Nov 2009 18:05:01
Message: <web.4b07204bce81d185f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Better?  There are still artifacts due to the discrete nature of the df3
> file, but I'm working on it.
>
> Generating a df3 file from code outside of POV is not very hard.  And I just
> copied the formulas to generate the fractal from the websites referenced.

I modified the (illegal, but still renders) recursive function formulation
posted by Warp and managed to get a straight SDL isosurface.  This is the result
of six iterations.  The render time isn't too terribly bad if you can find a
good combination of accuracy and max_gradient.  Due to the object's fractal
nature, the reported maximum gradient doesn't help, though.

Shutdown Warning: The maximum gradient found was 1019075328.000, but
 max_gradient of the isosurface was set to 2048.000. The isosurface may contain
 holes! Adjust max_gradient to get a proper rendering of the isosurface.

-David

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mandelbulb8i6.015.png' (602 KB)

Preview of image 'mandelbulb8i6.015.png'
mandelbulb8i6.015.png