POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : output file : Re: output file Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:44:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output file
From: colaroid
Date: 18 Nov 2009 04:45:00
Message: <web.4b03c2184c0fbec9bb1d6280@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > Thanks for all your help, I have finished my image however the output bitmap
> > becomes a bit blocky when I zoom in. I have rendered it at the highest possible
> > setting and it looks really good in the render window. Is there a way of
> > changing the output file to fix this?
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> The highest setting in the drop-down is not the highest setting
> possible, it's only the highest default preset.
>
> In the text box next to the resolutions list, you can enter "command
> line" switches.
> You can use +wnn and +hnn to use user provided width and height for your
> renders. For example, "+w3200 +h2400" will render an image at a
> resolution of 3200x2400 pixels.
> You can use +a0.n to set the antialiasing threshold. Smaller value will
> result in smoother result, but will increase the rendering time.
>
> You can add more resolutions: If you use the windows version, in the
> menu, item "Tools", sellect "Edit resolutions INI file" and create new
> sections similar to the ones already present. The part between the
> square brackets "[" and "]" is what you will see in the menu. The part
> under that contains the actual parameters.
>
> If you render at a high resolution like the example, you'd be advised to
> change the file format from bit-map (default under windows,
> uncompressed) to PNG (lossless compressed) by using the "+fn" switch.
> Otherwise, the resulting file will get prohibitively huge.
>

> Alain

I didn't know you could increase the resolution from the defaults so thanks for
that info. I did however find the +fn info in the help manual but I don't know
where to put it. I tried putting it in the code for the picture but it showed it
as an error is this not where it is meant to go or am I typing something wrong?

Sorry I'm not very technical minded
Thanks