POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Iterated derivatives : Re: Iterated derivatives Server Time
8 Oct 2024 17:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iterated derivatives
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Nov 2009 10:35:00
Message: <web.4b01708cf50de6a96dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > Depends what you mean by 'school'. Derivatives (including the chain
> > rule!),
> > integrals, and even differential equations were all on the maths A-level
> > syllabus that I did (I would hope that they still are!).
>
> They were when I did my maths A levels (1999).

I think the structure of A-levels changed in 2000 (more continuous assessment
instead of oodles of exams after 2 years), but I expect it's broadly the same.

> Hehe yes, I went to a sixth form college to do my A levels because schools
> in my area tended to finish at 16 and not offer A levels at all.  Then I
> left this college at 18 to go to another college, which was part of a
> university - grande confusione!

Indeed. And of course many universities have the word 'college' in their names,
especially the younger ex-polytechnics, confusing the issue still further!