POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Iterated derivatives : Re: Iterated derivatives Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iterated derivatives
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Nov 2009 10:25:00
Message: <web.4b016e4ff50de6a96dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> Depends what you mean by 'school'. Derivatives (including the chain
> >> rule!),
> >> integrals, and even differential equations were all on the maths A-level
> >> syllabus that I did (I would hope that they still are!).
> >
> > They were when I did my maths A levels (1999).
>
> I don't *have* any A-levels, so I wouldn't know what is or isn't
> included there.
>
> (You get to choose which ones you want to do though, right?)

Yep. As scott said, any education beyond 16 is optional in the UK. If you were
so inclined, there'd be nothing to stop you doing a maths A-level now - many
people do. I suspect you'd find much of it relatively easy, and you'd definitely
find the calculus interesting and useful! No idea what it might cost tho.