POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lame-O public school library wifi : Re: Lame-O public school library wifi Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lame-O public school library wifi
From: gregjohn
Date: 12 Nov 2009 12:20:00
Message: <web.4afc434bda3de2a3279899c60@news.povray.org>

> COPA and perhaps a volunteer doing the work who maybe doesn't understand
> how to set things up properly.
>
> Never assume that something like this was done intentionally - it may
> well have been ignorance or some other reason.

In other words, in response to a valid concern about child internet safety, they
set up a system which inconveniences multiple users but does nothing to block a
gateway to everything on the net.

In a civic association, I once had to communicate with the president of the
group through his work email address.  The president's day job had something to
do with computers and schools.  My gmail's were always being rejected by his
company. It was fair enough that his company was so dense as to suspect gmail ==
spam, but I feared what that company might do if it set up a mail server for a
school.