POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : prisms : prisms Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:42:26 EDT (-0400)
  prisms
From: colaroid
Date: 8 Nov 2009 13:00:01
Message: <web.4af706cd30344421bd48476d0@news.povray.org>
can someone explain to me some of the notation in the pov-ray help files. I
looked in the help for how to make a prism and it gave this:

PRISM:
 { [PRISM_ITEMS] F_HEIGHT1, F_HEIGHT2, I_NUM_POINTS, POINT_LIST [open]
[PRISM_MODIFIERS] }
PRISM_ITEMS:
[PRISM_SPLINE_TYPE] & [PRISM_SWEEP_TYPE]
PRISM_SPLINE_TYPE:
linear_spline | quadratic_spline | cubic_spline | bezier_spline
PRISM_SWEEP_TYPE:
linear_sweep | conic_sweep
PRISM_MODIFIERS:
[sturm [BOOL]] & [OBJECT_MODIFIERS]

what do the F/I and in other areas V terms mean? I can't work out how to do a
prism from this information

Please help

Thanks