POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV ray as volume renderer : Re: POV ray as volume renderer Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV ray as volume renderer
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 5 Nov 2009 08:15:00
Message: <web.4af2ced5abf04f7e4726e92b0@news.povray.org>
"fabio" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> One last thing. Do you have any advise for a physically based rendering engine
> that I could use ?

Check out Maxwell Render at http://www.maxwellrender.com

I haven't tried it but it looks like an amazing (and expensive) physically based
renderer. I read a press release last week that their new v2.0 was just
released. You can download a demo version that renders up to 800x600 px and
should give you a good basis for comparison (according to them "unrivaled").