POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV ray as volume renderer : POV ray as volume renderer Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:37:07 EDT (-0400)
  POV ray as volume renderer
From: fabio
Date: 2 Nov 2009 13:05:01
Message: <web.4aef1e4f1f016cc36ff9af390@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,
I'm working on a real time approach to GI and
I was looking for an engine able to provide the ground
truth for my experiments.
Essentially I have the following setting:

A "hollow" object filled with an homogeneous media
and containing one or more solid objects.

I want a rendering accounting for:
* single and multiple scattering
* reflection / diffraction

I've browsed for existing engines and POV Ray seems the only
one that should be able to do it (by photon mapping).

So my question is simply: did I get something wrong of do you foresee
problem to do it with povray?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio