POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : General transformation of an object : Re: General transformation of an object Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: General transformation of an object
From: houmr
Date: 2 Nov 2009 06:45:01
Message: <web.4aeec54aeee70a117fab4e430@news.povray.org>
Leroy Whetstone <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:

> What are you trying to do with this? There maybe other things you could do
> other than use 'matrix'. You might be able to use a macro to deform and
> then place your object.

In fact the result of the transformation is kind of uneven shearing. The shear
is along the y axis, but the value is proportional to the y coordinate. (If you
imagine a cube, the angle formed by upper side and the z axis is about twice of
the angle formed by the bottom side and the z axis. So the sheared box becomes
wider on one side and narrower on the other side. All the faces remain planar).
I need to use this transformation to compensate a distortion involved by an
optical system while projecting the rendered images. Since the models are of
arbitrary and real sceneries, I doubt being able to convert it to isosurfaces.