POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : light_group issue? : light_group issue? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:44:56 EDT (-0400)
  light_group issue?
From: Micheus
Date: 30 Oct 2009 21:25:00
Message: <web.4aeb90cad28430d75f7f8dc0@news.povray.org>
I'm make some tests with light_group and I think that something is wrong.

The scene has five objects and three lights (area, spot and point):
http://www.4shared.com/file/145000763/dff075b7/light-scene.html

.... and I had put all together in the same light_group:
light_group {
  spot9  // yellow light
  wo_4_cube
  wo_3_cone
  wo_0_floor
  wo_2_sphere_front
  wo_1_sphere_back
  global_lights false
}
this is the result:
http://www.4shared.com/file/145000640/750d2cb8/Grouped_-_Yellow_Spot.html

perhaps ok. So, I repeat the test to point and area light:
http://www.4shared.com/file/145000652/82187cd5/Grouped_-_Red_Point.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/145000633/a345ebc5/Grouped_-_White_Area.html
it's all ok.

then I had removed the wo_3_cone from first test above and the cone received the
all lights influence (like spected):
http://www.4shared.com/file/145000690/c0a352f5/Grouped_-_Yellow_Spot_-_Cone_out.html

but when I had removed (only) the wo_1_sphere_back, wo_1_sphere_back and
wo_3_cone, both of them had received all lights influence (not spected):
http://www.4shared.com/file/145000686/30dbc681/Grouped_-_Yellow_Spot_-_Back_Sphere_out.html
the code was
light_group {
  spot9  // yellow light
  wo_4_cube
  wo_3_cone
  wo_0_floor
  wo_2_sphere_front
//  wo_1_sphere_back
  global_lights false
}

there is others situations that I think is incorrect. Plese take a look at
http://www.4shared.com/dir/15476894/ca82d09a/Figuras.html
there is the pov source file (teste luzes.pov) and the others result tests.

TIA