POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Ray 3.7.0 Linux installation, boosted : Re: POV-Ray 3.7.0 Linux installation, boosted Server Time
16 May 2024 23:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7.0 Linux installation, boosted
From: waggy
Date: 27 Oct 2009 17:55:00
Message: <web.4ae76bfbca343fb9f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> I finally got it to work, using the following commands:

Good work there, and thank you very much for posting your notes.  It had just
the hints I needed to get it all working here: dynamic linking AND X-windows
support, using both the gnu and intel compiling toolsets.

I resorted to renaming the boost .so file I compiled so it would be unique on
the system, and specifying that name for --with-boost-thread.  Then I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to nothing but the path to the boost stuff, and configured by
specifying all the other --with-library paths manually.

After all that, it runs fine on the login node, but the compute nodes in the
cluster don't even have access to any X-windows libraries unless I copy them all
over to my home directory.  Since I really don't want to risk accidentally
running on these without -D anyway, I might just stick with the
statically-compiled executable except for noodling around on the head node.

Thanks again!

~David wagner